Taking Steps Towards Protecting Your Wealth
Who We Are
Bespoke Legal Services is an experienced legal services company, specialising in Estate Planning and Commercial Contracts.
We utilise the skills of highly qualified people to help you to ensure your wealth goes to the right people, at the right time and in the most efficient manner.
Who We Work With
We work with many satisfied clients of our own and referrals from our clients.
Further to this we also work closely with other professionals such as solicitors, barristers, accountants & financial advisers, both serving their clients, but also utilising their skills to help our clients achieve their goals.
How We Work
Our initial consultation is always free and without obligation. It is our belief that we start with education and explanation so we can ensure you are fully aware of all the options based on your specific situation.
Based on this foundation you are best able to make informed decisions in respect of these very important matters.
- How would you feel if your home was inherited by someone else’s children rather than your own?
- Can you afford for your estate to pay excessive or unnecessary legal fees?
- What would you do if Social Services put your children into care?
This rarely matches your wishes. Mainly because it attempts to balance the rights of family members, with competing interests. If you have children, property or other assets over £5,000 you should have a valid up-to-date Will to ensure that your wishes, regarding the distribution of your estate, are known and followed.
When you have a Will your wishes will be respected after you have died. You can nominate the executors you want and appoint guardians of your choice, avoid costly legal fees and make gifts to loved ones. It also enables you to protect your home, mitigate Inheritance Tax and protect young beneficiaries.
Lasting Power of Attorney
- How would you feel if your family lost control of your affairs?
- Shouldn’t you be the one to decide who looks after your affairs?
- Are you aware of the costs, delays and implications when someone loses capacity?
A Lasting Power of Attorney (or LPA) complements your Will. It protects you and ensures your wishes are respected whilst you are alive. Your LPA allows you to choose the people you want to manage your affairs, in the way you would want.
This avoids long delays, substantial costs and often a loss of control to a court appointed a deputy.
Without an LPA, all your assets, including any joint accounts, will be frozen.
- How would you feel if everything you owned went to someone else’s children?
- How would you feel if your loved ones did not inherit your home?
- Would you like to avoid expensive legal fees and lengthy delays?
From expensive legal fees, to future relationships, resulting in sideways disinheritance, divorce, financial problems and Inheritance Tax. There are now many ways in which your children’s and grandchildren’s inheritance can be diluted, or even completely lost.
All of these can be avoided with carefully considered planning. Carried out at the right time and for the right reasons, ensuring that your estate planning documents are all up-to-date and fit for purpose – your wealth is protected for your chosen beneficiaries.
- Would you like to create a long-term family legacy?
- How would you feel if your beneficiaries were deprived of their rightful inheritance?
- How would you feel if your beneficiaries had to pay expensive legal fees or Inheritance Tax, unnecessarily?
A Family Trust can mitigate, or completely avoid the need for probate (saving on average around £9,000 as well as long delays and lots of stress). A Family Trust can also avoid many of the “what if” type threats when passing your wealth down to your chosen beneficiaries.
If set up correctly a Family Trust can shelter property and other assets from a number of threats, ensuring your wishes are respected, giving you complete peace of mind.
- If a situation in business creates a deadlock where a vote fails due to no majority, what does the business do to solve this and move on? Do your articles of association help or hinder?
- If someone leaves your business through health, death, disagreement, or any other reason, does you have the mechanism to deal with this, or could it create a major problem for those who remain?
- If someone isn’t pulling their weight in your business and nothing is agreed in advance, are you prepared to put up with it, or will you fall out about it?
Many businesses will experience problems, where partners have different expectations from the business and each other. By the time these sorts of situations occur it can be incredibly difficult to agree a solution.
As such it seems common sense to pre-empt any problems with a bespoke shareholder agreement.
On the basis it is far better to prevent than cure, a bespoke shareholder agreement will allow the business to have visibility of potential issues and an agreed route to deal with them.
This allows your business to continue and move forward in an environment that is free from preventable disputes and unexpected situations.
Your Next Move ....
Our aim is to help you to understand your options and make the right decisions.
Our initial estate planning consultation is without any obligation.
Our consultation process has been specifically designed to be interactive and user friendly whilst being empathetic and professional.
Don’t you owe it to yourself and your loved ones to find out what your options are?
For your protection we are experienced and insured. All reserved legal activity is completed by private practice lawyers.
Bespoke Legal Services
Head Office : Bespoke Legal Services Limited, Pantiles Chambers, 85 High Street, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1XP Company Registration Number: 9598287
Discretionary Trusts | Declaration of Trust | Enduring Power of Attorney | Bespoke Legal Services |Lasting Power of Attorney | Shareholder Agreements | Will Writing | Wealth Preservation | Estate Planning | Family Trusts | Cross Option Agreement | Business LPAs | Articles of Association | Directors Service Agreements